It took me a while, but I realized that the one person not currently in SLFBL in Dave's picture was Jason Haas. For the life of me I could not figure out who that was. For a second I thought maybe it was Ron going through a beard phase, or maybe just a complete makeover by Chopp.
At any rate, this is by far the best time of the year. The protected lists have been submitted and everyone is furiously (or not so in some cases <<< here is looking at you Chuck) putting together their spreadsheets and targeting players at their respective positions in the draft.
Every draft is filled with serious baseball discussion with a heavy dose of frivolity sprinkled in to make things exciting. Last year was the first draft that I attended in person. Let me just say, I have a difficult time deciding which was better: Fried ravioli or watching people completely blitzed singing karaoke and then giving Nancy props for being the only woman at the table at the time.
Finally, id like to say awesome job by DC putting the blog together. Should be a good time.
1 comment:
That truly was a blast, Chuck. I hope you can make it this year. While we can't guarantee another sighting of a drunk karaoke woman, we do promise plenty of esoteric talk about minor league prospects. . .:)
The Commissioner
Post a Comment